OMEGA LINK CAMS
In 1977, the world was introduced to the first active-protection devices and ever since, protecting hard climbs hasnít been the same. Although many companies have entered into the market with their own versions of the original design, there hasnít really been a big jump in camming technology since that first offering almost thirty years ago. Take a look at what a true leap forward finally looks like ... The Omega Pacific Link Cam. Itís a revolutionary concept from legendary Greg Lowe and operates on the simple design that a cam lobe can be trisected and linked so that as the cam is retracted, the lobe unfolds and permits an amazing range for a unit of its size. Utilizing a reliable, single-axle design, Omega's cam lobes substantially exceed the closest competitionís range. With a camming ratio of over 2.5:1, thereís nothing close to the Link Cam on the market today. The Link Cam #1, for instance, covers the same range as up to four of our competitors cams! That extended range means you can leave the ground with fewer pieces on your rack. No more doubling up on pieces you think you "might" need if youíre unsure where, exactly, youíll need doubles of one particular piece. For backcountry climbers, it means packing in less gear. For relatively easy routes requiring only a few pieces here and there, Link Cams will be the odds-on favorite. And as a "crux piece" thereís nothing like it: pumped, arms failing, not-really-in-the-mood-to-fiddle-with-gear ... grab your Link Cam. Place it. Relax. Mechanically-speaking, Link Cams are as innovative as the concept behind their design. Built with a hybrid blend of materials and advanced MIM process, Link Cams are the most sophisticated and modern camming devices in the world. The two, inner links on each lobe unit are built with a very new (and expensive) process known as Metal-Injection-Molding which permits Omega to create detailed, precision pieces with the strength of machined parts and are made from 17-4 aircraft stainless steel. The outer link is machined from 7000-series aluminum alloy. With the increased surface contact between the retracted cam links and the rock, Link Cams tend to "walk" less than other units.
- CE and UIAA Certified
- For Big Wall speed ascents, attach Link Cams to aiders and to and save time.
- Minimize the time spent fooling with gear. Link Cams are a perfect fit!
- Link Cams range provides a greater margin of safety for "plug and go" placements.
- With the increased surface contact between the retracted cam links and the rock, Link Cams tend to "walk" less than other units.
- Constant cam angle of 13.5∞ provides greater range without sacrificing holding power.
- #.5-Range: .53-1.38 in./Strength 8kN/Weight: 3.5 oz.
- #.75-Range: .70-1.75 in./Strength 10kN/Weight: 4 oz.
- #1-Range: .83-2.10 in./Strength 14kN/Weight: 6.2 oz.
- #2-Range: .96-2.51 in./Strength 14kN/Weight: 7.3 oz.
Write Your Own Review
More from OMEGA PACIFIC