SILVA RANGER 2.0 COMPASS
The SILVA Ranger 2.0 is for experienced users and professionals. The Ranger 2.0 has been a global leader when it comes to accuracy, precision and durability for many years. The SILVA Ranger 2.0 comes with two completely new features: a Slope angle card and a Distance lanyard. The slope angle card is great both for detecting avalanche risk and for determining how challenging your journey will be. By knowing the slope angle, you can also judge any extra distance that you need to go due to the angle of the slope. The distance lanyard has two scales on it; 1:25, and 1:50, which facilitates to measure the distance of your hike. The lanyard is soft and bendable for easy to placement directly along your route on the map. If the terrain demands for a mirror sighting compass, Ranger 2.0 is your optimal companion.
An advanced mirror sighting compass for experienced users and professionals with high demands on accuracy, precision and durability. If the terrain demands a mirror sighting compass, the Ranger 2.0 is your optimal companion. The compass comes with a slope card and a distance lanyard. The slope card is great both for detecting avalanche risk and for determining how challenging your journey will be. By knowing the slope you can also judge any extra distance that you need to go due to the slope. The distance lanyard has four scales on it; 1:24k, 1:25k, 1:50k and 1:62.5, which facilitates in measuring the distance of your hike. Since its soft and bendable, itís easy to place it directly on to your route on the map. A mirror sighting compass should be your choice when you must determine direction over long distances. With the mirror tilted to a 45-degree angle, you can check your direction by looking at the bezel in the mirror while sighting in the correct direction of travel. Because you neednít lift your eyes from the compass in order to look into the terrain, the direction determined with the Silva 1-2- 3 SystemÆ becomes more accurate. Ranger 2.0 features DryFlexô grip for easy handling, a clinometer for measuring slope angle and comes with a built-in adjuster for magnetic declination, magnifying lens and rubber friction feet for precision map work. It also features map-measuring in mm & inches with scales of 1:25k, 1:50k, 1:24k USGS scale, and GPS scales. The scales and markings are in a clear contemporary font combined with lots of transparency in the baseplate making navigation easier - when activated in light, the luminous markings enable night time navigation. The red/black North-South lines in the capsule bottom ensures easy and safe settling. The needle is made from finest Swedish steel with high quality magnetic features.
- Slope card
- Slope card for measuring slope and extra distance
- Detachable distance lanyard (1:25 and 1:50)
- Detachable distance lanyard (1:24k, 1:25k, 1:50, 1:62.5k) is soft and bendable lanyard with scales. Easy to place directly on to your route on the map
- Map measuring scales; mm, inch, GPS scales 1:25 and 1:50
- Map measuring scales 1:25k, 1:50k, 1:24k USGS scale, mm, inch (1/20th), GPS scales
- DryFlexô Rubber grip
- DryFlexô Rubber grip for easy handling of the compass/great grip
- Built in adjuster for magnetic declination
- Built in adjuster for magnetic declination based on location
- Mirror sighting with sighting hole for determining direction over long distances
- Night use / luminous markings enable night time navigation up to 4 hours once activated by daylight/flashlight
- Turnable housing for use with the SILVA 1-2-3 SystemÆ
- Robust material Withstands tough treatment and conditions
- Magnifying lens for precision map work
Write Your Own Review
We found other products you might like!
More from SILVA